Back to School Letter
Posted Aug 12, 2014, 12:50 PM by Jennifer Burdette
August 12, 2014
Welcome back to school. We are excited to see all of you this year, there will be some new faces and changes in the school this year. Mr. Toynbee will be the K-7 principal and Mrs. Burdette will be the 8-12 principal.
The first day of school for K-9th grade will be Monday, August 25, 2014. There will be some orientation activities for the 8th and 9th grade. The first day of school for 10th-12th grade will be on Tuesday, August 26, 2014.
The school day is starting this year at 8:20 am which means the tardy bell will be ringing at 8:15. Breakfast will be served in the same format as last year. All students will be released at 3:25 pm this year and on Friday at 2:25 pm so the afternoon bus stop times will be about 10 minutes earlier.
All students in the K-6th grade are eligible to eat lunch for free this year, but the 7-12th grade students still need to fill out the free and reduced eligibility form which is included in this letter.
Remember that there is no school on Thursday, Friday and Monday, August 28-September 1 due to the Ravalli County Fair and Labor Day.
Students in the 5th-12th grade will receive their class schedules on the first day of school. Also, remember that your student will have a handbook that needs to be reviewed and signed and returned.
Also, remember that if your student is enrolled in 7th-12th grade we need to collect a student body activity fee. This fee allows the student to participate in sports and activities as well as entrance to all home games. The fee is $40.00 for 7th and 8th graders and $60.00 for 9-12th graders.
If you have any questions, please call one of us at 821-3643 or 821-3252.
Mr. Chris Toynbee Mrs. Jennifer Burdette
Today's Daily Announcement
Friday, May 30, 2014
Posted May 29, 2014, 2:20 PM by Jenn Turner
Lunch today: Free Barbecue at the cafeteria in honor of Darby’s 125th birthday!
Notices & Reminders:
- Last day to buy raffle tickets for Darby Espresso. One dollar could get you a ten dollar certificate!
- Girls tennis players! Return your uniforms right now!
- Drivers Education class begins Monday, June 2nd at 2:00. Attendance is mandatory.
- Girls basketball practice begins Tuesday from 5-6:30 for our first summer tournament - one week from Saturday.
- Summer job available - mow yard and change pipe over the summer in Darby. Contact Debbie Johnston for more information.
- Last Tiger Pride Friday!
- Last day of school - early out at 1pm.
- 8-12 award assembly at 11:30.
- State track and softball.
- Kindergarten Completion at 10am.
Heads up for tomorrow:
- Track and softball still competing at State tomorrow!
Today’s Trivia Question:
When did Yuri Gagarin become the first human to orbit the Earth?
Yesterday’s answer: A tennis court is 78 feet long.
Darby Tigers are positive, respectful, responsible, and safe. And they graduate.